Summer is coming to a close, but is anyone else still feeling the summer heat?! We’re excited to share with you the best hair + makeup products to beat the heat and humidity, as it’s a question we get asked A LOT.
We are NOT complaining but it’s unusually hot and humid in NYC and we know our friends in Florida and the southeast are under the same conditions. So, we wanted to share some of our favorite products to combat the humidity and heat where possible. We’ll caveat this with nothing is a substitute for, at times, just embracing it and going for the braid vs curls. We brought all of these products to Hawaii, use them in NYC, and have tested them out in Flordia and Mexico (check out our full Tulum Travel Guide). These are the tried and true products we use religiously when it’s warm and sticky outside!
Best Hair Products for Hot + Humid Locations
- Oribe impermeable mist
- Oribe dry texture spray
- L’Oreal Elnett strong hold hairspray
- Revlon drying brush
- Bumble and bumble hairdressers invisible oil
- Living Proof humidity shield
Best Makeup Products for Hot + Humid Locations
- NYX matte setting spray
- Becca Cosmetics blurring finishing powder
- La Roche Posay Anthelios sunscreen serum
- Biologique Recherche finishing serum VIP O2
- Estee Lauder Doublewear foundation
- Iconic London Illuminator
- Anastasia brow wiz + brow gel
- Dose of Colors matte lipstick (wearing color Merlot, but also love Mondaze, Stone, Los Angeles, Brick, Talk is Chic)
- Tarte Cosmetics shape tape undereye concealer (wearing light-medium)
- Hourglass mineral veil primer
What are your go-to’s to stay dry and cool when facing the unbearable heat and humidity?