- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Servings 4 / Est. Calories 300 kcal
- 1 Lb Lean ground chicken breast (use ground chicken not turkey)
- 1 Large egg
- 2 Tbsp Fresh basil, minced
- 4-5 tsp Coconut Flour (we love this one)
- 1 1/4 tsp Dried Oregano, Garlic, Parsley, Onion (can use Italian seasoning, but we like to mix our own)
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt (we have this one and love the grinder)
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 Tbsp Avocado oil (we love Chosen Foods and always have this Avo Oil in our kitchen)
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 Tbsp Avocado oil
- Coconut or Avocado oil spray (we have this one)
- 1 Large yellow onion, diced
- 1 Cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Pack of carrot spirals (from Whole Foods or Trader Joes) or 1 bag fresh/frozen cauliflower rice
- Fresh basil
- Red pepper just the flakes (we LOVE this stuff, it’s the perfect amount of spice)
In a large bowl, combine all meatballs ingredients and mix (leave out Avo oil). Make 12-16 large meatballs and set aside. Dice Onion and set aside 1/4.
Turn on your Ninja Foodi to the “sauté” setting and add in 1/2 Tbsp of the avo oil. Once heated, add the 1/4 diced onion. Sautee until lightly brown, for about 5 minutes.
Remove the veggies from the Ninja Foodi and add in 1 tsp of Avocado Oil. Add in half of the meatballs (make sure they are on the outside of the pot where the oil sits) and cook until golden brown. We like to flip once, cooking about 2 minutes per side total. Using a fork to loosen and to flip is the easiest. Transfer the cooked meatballs to a plate and add in the remaining 1 tsp of oil. Add in the rest of the meatballs and cook the same way.
Once cooked, add the rest of the meatballs back to the Ninja Foodi and pour the vegetables on top of the meatballs. Add 1 cup chicken broth (we like low-sodium and organic).
Cover the Ninja Foodi, making sure the lid is locked and the vent is “sealed.” Turn the Pressure function on high and set for 10 minutes. Once cooked, allow the instant pot to steam release naturally (open vent from sealed and open lid only when the little red button drops down). While the meatballs are cooking, spray a non-stick pan with coconut oil or avo oil spray. Sautee the remaining onions for 5 mins over medium-high heat. Once browned, add the carrot spirals to the pan and stir until al dente.
Once cooked, stir in the halved cherry tomatoes.
Serve over carrot spirals or cauliflower rice. Add basil (lots if you’re like us), just the flakes red pepper, and non-dairy parmesan cheese. Voila! ENJOY!
If the chicken broth doesn’t thicken, this is normal. As you plate it, you can make it as “liquidy” as you like!